OK, intarwebz. I've heard that you're at least mildly interested in manifestos, so I'm looking for the ultimate gamer's manifesto. If you have a link to something that you simply adore, please share with the class in the comments below.
Failing finding a pre-packaged page of gaming yumminess, I'll compile a list of gaming maxims. Which means I turn to you for input. I'm looking for the guiding principles you bring to a game and any quick snippets of wisdom that resonate with you when sitting down to play. What quote always rings in your ears when you're gaming? It can be for RPGs or boardgames, for GMs or for players. Doesn't matter to me.
If it's uttered at a gaming table and everyone nods and says, "True dat," I want you to take the 90 seconds to type it in and share it in the comments below. Please leave me enough info to credit you for your contribution.
Once I have a critical mass, I'll compile the quotes and post a link to them here and on Twitter and Facebook.
Here are some of my favorites:
- The story always trumps the rules.
- If it fuels the story and makes the game richer for everyone, I’m all for any changes players want to make.
- Roll the dice only when role-playing has failed.
- Wheaton's Law: Don't be a dick.
- Let the Wookie win.
- "Mama needs a new pair of shoes!" *roll dice* "I got a rock."
I can't wait to hear what guides you at the table. And thank you for taking the time to read and respond.